Sunday, October 28, 2007

another day in the park

So this happened a few years ago, but some things stick in your mind. My MIL had just walked the Avon walk so we went to the park where they were welcoming all the walkers. As we walked to the rally point I was throwing a football for my son to catch. We worked our way through the park - he'd run ahead, I'd throw the ball, he'd catch it, etc. etc. As we got closer to the rally point there were various families sitting on blankets reading, enjoying the sun, having good quality family time. I threw the ball and it ended up rolling near the feet of an apparent sunbather. My son gave the guy a strange look and stepped away from him. I didn't see the guy say anything so I was kinda curious as to what was going on. As my wife and I got to my son I asked him what was going on. He just looked over at the guy. At this point my wife says "Is he dead?". I then look at the guy and realize he had a most unnatural sun tan. Rather gray as opposed to the red / brown one would expect. My wife takes the kids and walks a few feet away. I then walk up to the man and stand by his head and say "Sir!". Nothing. I say it again really loud. Nothing. But I do notice that a fly is crawling in and out of his nose. Yep. Dead.

No comments: